Here is some important information regarding the procedures I have put in place to keep customers and myself safe during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- If you or any member of your household has been feeling unwell in the last 2 weeks, or is currently feeling unwell IN ANY WAY, please cancel your appointment. Please DO NOT get someone else to bring your dog as the virus can be carried on the dog's coat.
- There will be a no contact handover in place and this will be explained to you in full when you arrive. Please stay in your car on arrival into the yard and do not enter the building. All dogs must be on a lead. Social distancing will be observed at all times, I would ask you to be respectful of this.
- Due to the fact that the virus can be carried on a dog's coat, I will be using Leucillin spray on your dog when they arrive to protect me. Similarly before they are handed back to you, your dog will be sprayed again to protect you. Leucillin has been tested by the manufacturer and does kill Covid-19 while causing no harm to your dog. Full information can be found at www.leucillin.co.uk/blog/Frequently-Asked-Question...
- Extra cleaning will take place in between appointments and this will limit the number of dogs that can be groomed in one day.
- Payment can be made by card, bank transfer or cash. If you are paying by cash, please make sure you put it in a plastic bag or envelope and make sure you have the correct amount.
- If your dog's coat is matted they will be cut short. Extra time cannot be spent dematting as if the virus is on the coat, this will put me at risk.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment and at your allotted time for collection. I am working to a strict timetable and you will be inconveniencing me and other customers if you are late and may be charged extra.
- If you need to cancel please allow at least 24 hours notice so that someone else can take your appointment. If you do give less than 24 hours notice to cancel or if you simply don't show up, you will be charged the full amount.
- Please make sure that your dog's flea treatment is up to date. If your dog is found to have fleas, he/she will not be groomed and there will be a charge for my time and you will need to rebook at a later date when the infestation has cleared.
- The yard gate will remain closed while I am working and will be opened at your appointment time and at your collection time to ensure that I do not have people calling in looking for an appointment which can often happen. If you have an appointment and you get here and the gate is closed, you are simply a little early.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
I would respectfully draw your attention to our cancellation policy:
Failure to keep your scheduled appointments at Wags hinders my ability to provide the best service to my customers. I ask that you kindly show me and other customers consideration by calling at least 24 hours prior to your appointment if you are unable to attend. If less than 24 hours notice is given then a cancellation fee will be charged unless in exceptional circumstances. Equally if you are running late or have a last minute emergency, please also let me know. If you are running especially late, we may have to reschedule depending on the next customer’s arrival time. PLEASE NOTE THAT NON-ATTENDANCE WILL RESULT IN A CHARGE.